So boys, it’s been a pretty amazing day! You spent the afternoon at the coffee shop here in Buenos Aires relaxing and getting the phone numbers of some delicious mamacitas and setting up dates for later in the week, and now it’s time to go out with the boys and get into trouble at the bar. But there’s such a bevy of options on the main bar drag, so how do you choose one? The girls are out tonight and they want to meet some cool dudes like you but you need to make sure that where you go is the right place. You can’t just go anywhere and have great success at the bar or club. Many obstacles will be in your path. Whether it’s deafeningly loud music that makes conversation impossible, or an impenetrable floor plan that makes mixing of people difficult, there are things to look out for when you’re setting up shop for the evening.
Simply put, the way a bar is configured will make a huge difference in how your night goes. If you pick a place where you’re out of the way and and where it’s hard to come into contact with other people you’ll end up looking like douchebags sitting there in the corner staring at the rest of the room.
So, the main qualities we look for are:
1. Open floor plan, ideally with the bar in the middle. If the place is small or cramped you won’t be able to circulate and you won’t be able to look around and figure what’s going on with people by observing their body language.
2. Place for people to stand around and talk instead of just sitting at a table talking to their friends. This is actually harder to find in the rest of the world than one might expect. American and English style bars have got this right for the most part, but in Bulgaria for example the majority of “Bars” are really just a bunch of tables where people sit at and talk with whoever they came with all night. It requires much more balls to approach a group at a table in a frontal assault than casually striking up a conversation with the person getting a drink at the bar next to you.
This reminds me of what we call a “Bulgarian date”. You see this all the time in Eastern Europe. On one side of the table will be some Mafia douchebag talking on his cell phone and drinking whiskey and on the completely opposite side there will be a hot Chalga girl looking bored and smoking constantly. This is our competition out there, think you can hang with Mr. Prince Charming?
3. A dance floor to take girls to. This is Raul’s favorite routine and I like it also. He is always making out with girls on the dance floor. Although usually he’s made out with them at the bar already.
5. A quiet out of the way place to retire with for a quiet “chat”. This is a really good place once you’ve been out on the dance floor already, if the club has a quiet couch area definitely take her there. This is a principle that the PUA dumbasses actually got right. Even if you’re staying at the same club, it’s very good to take her to a different part of the club for a “mini date”. It definitely strengthens the bond between you and makes it feel like you guys have a longer relationship than the last 45 minutes.
6. Not too many douchebags (other guys are fine). If it’s a total sausagefest and the guys are hostile and territorial your job will be much harder. If you’re in a club where the guys are nice and friendly they will actually help you out. Throw them a bone if possible, usually those guys need a little help with the girls also.
If you find a joint with all of these qualities you’re going to be in great shape. Good luck and happy hunting!